Thursday, February 24, 2011

Science is Awesome

I feel the need to proclaim my joy and pain that science brings into my life. I have never been so happy to find a missing reducing agent in my entire life... that I can remember. Dithiothreitol, where have you been for the last 3 grievous months of my life?!!!? Don't worry, I don't have a chemical imbalance...maybe I do... who knows. You see, I am doing some cancer research in a lab at BYU right now and I'm wrapping up some results on some experiments I'm working on. Could I be any more vague? Nondisclosure agreement type o business. Sorry. For the last three months I've been running into a little problem with my research and I haven't been able to figure out what was going on. Today Dithiothreitol saved the day. The missing ingredient. Really, it was right under my nose. I guess I just wasn't asking the right people or looking in the right spot.
I think I cause myself more grief and frustration from trying to do something all by myself. It's as if I am eating lunch with Neil Armstrong and I don't even ask him if the moon is made out of green cheese. Dr. Seuss said, "Sometimes the questions are more important than the answers." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment