Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cancer Time

I write this from a hotel bed in Orlando Florida far from home. Today I attended the 1st day of the 102nd annual conference of the American Association for Cancer Research. Just imagine a Guns n Roses concert thats sold out but really everyone there is geeking out about the latest studies on macrophages or thymadine kinase. The biggest insight I've gained from this trip down here is how important it is to just do what you love and do it well. If you love to research, research your freakin face off and if you love to barbecue chicken then you might as well be Cornell Sanders. I'm so blown away by all these geniuses. I feel very humbled to see these veterans in their field they know so well and that I am just being introduced to. A man in his time plays man parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment