Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm impressed today by a thought my father once shared with me when I was about 13 years old. It didn't make a lick of sense to me then. My parents decided to go to Cancun for a week or so. When they got back they told us stories of the iguanas, mangos, snorkels, the fish, the ancient ruins, the people etc... It was so exciting to hear them talk about their exciting adventures. I remember my dad said he was glad to be back into his routine of things. I thought he was crazy. Why would he ever want to leave cancun? Why didn't he want to stay a month or a year at least? I think I understand just a little bit better now.       Maybe it just has to do with the fact that I'm my fathers son but I think there's a principle behind it. I just had my three day weekend and it was very nice to relax and change the pace of things for just a little bit but yesterday (Monday) I really wanted to go back to school for some odd reason. I wanted my routine that I could count on as hum drum as that sounds.
A lot of really weird things happened this weekend; some good, some bad. I definitely felt out of my element for some reason. Maybe wanting a routine is a sign of getting old and boring. I hope not. Today I went to school all day and had such a fulfilling day. I feel so good about all the things I accomplished today. I set a couple goals in the morning and was able to accomplish them. I think the reason I feel so positively about my routine is because I love to be busy and occupied. I love to have my mind working or building something or solving a problem.
 I think the #1 cause of stress is unresolved conflicts. I didn't do very well on a test last week in anatomy for some reason and it's been haunting me for the last couple days. Today I made a couple goals to do better in that class, I worked towards those goals and I will continue to do so. I no longer feel stressed about that conflict because I know I am solving the problem. I don't expect this to be interesting to anyone but I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment