Friday, December 9, 2011

Real. People.

A lot of times I don't what to do what I'm doing which is usually sitting in front of my computer thinking about studying. I'll look for anything good besides what Im supposed to be learning. I always look for someones awesome new status update or a new blog post by someone who hasn't updated their blog in 6 months but for some reason I still check them every day. What do we do that? Do I really want to know just anything new about the people I care about? I do. It gives me life to hear about the people I care about. I really like people a lot. I have been able to be close to some of the most amazing people. People who have shaped my character for what it really is. People who I think about every day. People I dream about 2 nights in a row because they are impressive.
There are many people that shape us. I will name a few that have had a great impact on my life and a few others that I will not name because even though Im the only one that reads this blog I wouldn't want them to feel embarrassed in any way.

1. Mom and Dad. (2 people I love very much who have loved me very much in different ways.) My parents are who I look back to when I feel lost and life shakes me up. They give me focus I need to push forward. They help me remember where I came from and who I am. We are very similar in many ways.

2. Mission President. (Ron Dalene.) The lesson this man has taught me most of all is that of unconditional love. At times I wondered how he was patient with some that caused grief or frustration in the work or how he forgave so freely. One time with light tears in his eyes he told me "if I don't love them who will?" He was right. He didn't say it as if it were a burden but with gladness and sincerity that those people that cause grief day after day were loved by him very much. He's a true follower of Christ and I hope I can honor him by loving like he loves someday.

In recent year(s), others have made a similar impact on my life. Impressions of forgiveness and love towards me and/or towards others around me. I realize that I have caused a lot of grief and pain in the lives of some and at times that haunts me but I won't let it get me down. I won't grow jaded because of my imperfections or the imperfections of others. I also know that I have been a cause for much good in the lives of many people. I know that somehow I have been able to be a blessing to those around me only through strength and guidance given to me by God. I have been so blessed to have the trust of some of my dearest friends. I feel blessed that someone struggling with suicidal thoughts or the anxiety that comes with their same sex attraction would trust me enough to tell me that. I hope to respect those people for their trust in sharing such intimate parts of their life with me. I care about them and think about them very much because they are important to me. I want to be an unwavering friend to them.

I don't want to be a bottom feeder and suck all the life and joy out of people to raise myself up like we've all seen done. Maybe even in ourselves at times. Talk with another human being alone and ask them about their life and listen to them intently as if they are the most important person in your life and they will know you care. You will care as you give them that respect. The moments I cherish most with people are when Im able to talk to them one on one and know when they feel I am sincere with them. I love when people look me in the eyes without shielding themselves inside because they feel I am their friend. I want to tell everyone Lift up your heads and help someone feel they are valued sincerely by at least you. Look people in the eye and tell them they are good. That is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment