Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Time

I cant even begin to express how much fun I have been having this summer. It has been amazing! Every summer for the past 6 years I haven't really had a summer break. Its been just work work work which has been good. Rather than making lots of money this summer I decided to make lots of memories with people around me and build some great relationships. Here are a couple things that have made this summer AMAZING just this past month:

1. Canyoneering Spry Canyon in Zions National Park (amazing company). If you've never been to Zions you need to. It's a paradise!



2. Rock climbing about every day with my homies!



3. Kayaking the Provo River with some new friends! Just a little side note. The provo river is usually running about 350 CFS (cubic feet per second) and is currently around 1300 CFS! I mean come on! I rode it about a week ago from Bridal Veil Falls down to the mouth of the canyon! COLD! FUN!
(Photo courtesy of James Roh from the Daily Herald.)


4. Playing shows with my band/roomies  They're top notch dudes. We've been able to play at Muse, Whysound in Logan, our own lil mic nights, and we just got into battle of the bands at Velour so come check out the bands June 13-18. We are going to be playing Thursday night so come check it out!

















5. Busking with my roomies in SLC. I can't explain how fun it is to play music for people outside on the street. It's a ball!

People and relationships are always more important than money and things and this summer has been such a blessing to my life and has helped me really get to know those around me and has helped me build some everlasting memories with my friends before I leave Provo in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment